Service Day, organized by the Office of Community-Based Learning, has been a cornerstone of the Central experience since 2006. Project sites include schools, food banks, churches, community gardens, parks and senior centers.
During 2018’s service day in April:
- 7 communities were served.
- 12 years had passed since the event was founded.
- 63 service projects were completed.
- 625 students, faculty and staff participated.
- $75,000 worth of work was done.
In addition: 45 academic courses across 15 departments include semester-long service-learning components.
The next Central Service day is set for October 30, 2018.