NCAA Tourney Vet Czipri is New Central Volleyball Coach

Jeanne Czipri, who piloted Dominican University (Ill.) to a pair of NCAA Division III tournament berths, is the new volleyball coach at Central College.

Czipri (ZIP-ree) spent three seasons at Dominican, compiling a 61-43 mark with two Northern Athletics Collegiate Conference tournament titles. The Stars advanced to NCAA tourney play in 2014 and 2015 before finishing third in their league last fall. Her squad was 29-4 in conference play over three seasons. Dominican players earned 15 all-conference awards, including 10 first-team selections.

Czipri replaces Kent Clayberg ’90, who left the highly regarded Dutch program in January after 19 seasons, including 15 as head coach.

“Jeanne has a very impressive background,” athletics director Eric Van Kley said. “She has playing experience at the Division I level, tremendous knowledge of the game, is high energy and very relationship-oriented.”

Leaving Dominican was a difficult decision, Czipri said.

“But the second I stepped foot on Central’s campus, I was so impressed,” she said. “I love the family atmosphere and the culture. The school really believes in its athletics program and it has great resources to help the program be successful. I’m excited to get started.”